12 Pieces of Advice for Divorcing Clients and Their Children
In this ThinkAdvisor article, Barbara shares advice from her book “He Said: She Said: A Practical Guide to Finance and Money During Divorce” on how to protect children from becoming casualties of their parents’ divorce. She discusses the following topics affecting children during this time of uncertainty.
- Children need to feel safe.
- Open conflict hurts children.
- Alienating children from an ex-spouse can backfire.
- It’s not the kids’ fault.
- Children under the age of 8 are especially vulnerable.
- Older children hate feeling different.
- The children come first.
- Money will not fix the kids.
- Added expenses.
- Women often want the house for the kids.
- Disabled children.
- Second marriages.
To learn more about the divorce services offered by HMS Financial Group, please contact our office.