It is easy to unintentionally say the wrong thing to someone that has just lost a spouse. In this ThinkAdvisor article, Barbara offers advice for how to compassionately communicate with grieving clients. Her recommendations include:
- Spending more time with widows
- Educating them
- Avoiding making them feel lonelier
- Remembering they are not dumb, just numb
- Knowing the hurt never goes away, but the person can learn to coexist with it
- Not patronizing them or they react negatively
If you would like to learn more about HMS Financial Group, please contact us.