As an attorney, your goal is to prepare your client’s case using every possible advantage. You need detailed financial information and solid research so that you can present your client with a comprehensive financial plan that works before, during, and after the divorce settlement.
At HMS Financial Group, we know what is required to arrive at a fair and equitable settlement for each and every client. Our Circle of Support team, led by Barbara Shapiro, CFP® Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, will work with you every step of the way to help you achieve a fair, financially equitable divorce settlement.
At HMS Financial Group, we understand that divorce can be stressful for your client. To achieve the smoothest possible working relationship, we are very flexible in how we interact with our clients and their attorneys. HMS Financial Group can work openly with you and your client as a visible and reassuring member of your team. Or, if your client is more comfortable working with you alone, we can perform as a silent partner, discreetly providing you with our full range of services.
Our services include:
- Presenting powerful, specific case exhibits in the form of spreadsheets and graphs
- Providing professional financial support covering all financial contingencies
- Creating a personal financial plan for your client
- Testifying as an expert witness
Our professional expertise includes:
- Personal and marital property rights
- Division of property and evaluation of investment assets
- Evaluation of retirement and pension assets
- Real estate settlement issues
- 529 college savings plans
- Tax problems and solutions
- Insuring and protecting child support and alimony
Benefits to the attorney include:
- Financial aspects of case preparation and settlement are professionally covered
- Comprehensive financial research supports your case
- Reliable expert witness testimony if the case goes to courtv